Plein Temps Shader Writer / Developer
You have a passion for Special Effects and 3D Animation, and now Virtual Reality is around and you want to be part of it? Is your skillset more on the technical/programming part of Computer Generated Graphics? You are programing custom shaders for RenderMan or Arnold and writing your own plugins for Maya or 3DSMax? If so, we are looking for someone like you!
The primary responsibility is the development and second level support for the PresenZ pre-rendering plugins. At first it will be only command line tools for VRay and Arnold, but it will quickly evolve to a full set of plugins including UI for at least Maya and 3DSMax. Further down the road, an SDK will be created so that “outside” developers will be able to integrate PresenZ in their own 3D Packages and Render engines.
You’ll also work on the content creation side, Nozon usually develops new shaders and plug-ins in-house for the various special effects and 3D animation jobs done by the company. You will collaborate with the 3D Artists to write specific shaders and plug-in tools.
Main Work Tasks:
- Development and support for the PresenZ pre-rendering plugins for ray tracers.
- Co-development of a PresenZ SDK to help other shader writers to create their own presenZ plugins for other render engines.
- Development of presenZ plugin interfaces for Max and Maya (and possibly other 3D packages later on)
- Development of shaders and plug-ins for the Visual Effects and 3D Animation content.
You have at least 3 years working experience as a shader writer for ray tracers and 3D Package plugin development on 3DSMAX or Maya for the Visual Effects and 3D Animation industry. Preferably you have a BA/BS degree and you possess excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
To be successful in this position you are:
- Programming : C/C++ Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Versioning tools like GIT or Mercurial
- Maths: Matrix 101
- Good Comprehension of the inner working of Monte-Carlo ray tracers
- Shading writing experience for a raytracer ( for Renderman, VRay, etc…), preferably experience in writing Arnold custom shader.
- Experience in 3D Packages Plug-ins development ( Max, Maya… )
- Knowledge of Color Spaces management ( sRGB, Linear, etc.. ) is a plus
- French is a plus
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the entertainment industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé and a personal letter in English.
How to Applyhttp://jobs.starbreeze.com/jobs/20679-shader-writer-developer
335 total views, 1 today