Temps Complet Character FX Lead
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Character FX Lead reports directly to the Character FX Supervisor. Responsible for working closely with the Character FX Supervisor – to create the pipeline for the cloth, muscle, hair, fur and feather simulation.
Handles the more complex CharFX shots.
Helps to develop and support tools and technology needed to arrive at the desired visual style of the project.
Troubleshoots technical issues as they arise (for their team). Works withR&D to develop tools.
Communicates all technical and aesthetic aspects of the sequence with his/her team.
The Char FX Lead may be asked to participate in the planning/breakdown of his/her team’s sequences.
Works closely with CharFX Sup and Production Management to organize reviews and to reinforce to his/her team, the importance of deadlines, and alerts PM of any problems that could affect the schedule.
Responsible to help cultivate a strong team environment.
To cover or represent the Character FX Supervisor in the case they are not present in the studio. Serves as the “next in command”.
- Minimum of 4 years Character FX experience working within a CG Animation Feature production pipeline.
- Previous experience as a senior or lead artist.
- Strong knowledge creating CG CharFX in Maya.
- Good working knowledge of Houdini.
- Experience with Arnold, a huge plus.
- Solid knowledge cloth simulations, Shave/Haircut, Maya Fur and Yeti, (strong foundation in other, more advanced, systems such as Trapper and Weecha are also desired).
- Knowledge of skinning and muscle/mass simulation solutions.
- Proficiency in Python, MEL and C/C++ programming experience is ideal.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities necessary.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science, or related field, or comparable job experience.
How to ApplyIf you’d like to apply for a position at nWave, you must provide a CV, demo reel and breakdown of your specific work. Applications should be submitted to the following email address email@example.com. In the subject line: the POSITION you are applying for + your NAME + the site where you apply
234 total views, 1 today